I was looking for a frosting for a lemon cake and opened up my BHG to a random recipe.
This frosting is INCREDIBLE.
Citrus Cream Cheese Frosting
1 lime* (my addition)
2 3-oz packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 c butter, softened
1 tsp lemon juice* (I juiced the lemon & lime and used a tsp & a half of the combined juice)
4 1/2 c powdered sugar
1. Cut lemon & lime in half. Reserve one half of each for decor, and juice the other halves.
2. Finely shred the peel of the juiced halves; set aside.
3. In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter and lemon/lime juice. Beat until fluffy.
4. Gradually add powdered sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
5. Stir in lemon/lime peels.
Modified from Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook