12.29.2011

2011: playlist

1. Doveman "The Best Thing" - Just discovered Doveman this year. Not in love, but I like this song.
2. Lecrae "God is Enough" - This makes me laugh, but this was my most played workout jam. Well, if we're being honest, this song would usually come on somewhere between Kanye and Li'l Wayne, but... my dad reads this blog.
3. Aqualung "Garden of Love" - Rediscovered Aqualung on my iPod and listened to this a ton this summer.
4. Adele "Someone Like You" - Except I like the cover better. I know this is one of the most overplayed songs of the year, but I'm a sucker for piano driven songs.
5. Mumford & Sons "Sigh No More" - "oh man is a giddy thing". The first time I watched this video, I did a double-take because I thought the guy in the trucker hat was a kid I knew in college. It's not.
6. Radiohead "Codex" - Mopey & beautiful. Quintessential Radiohead.
7. Coldplay "Charlie Brown" - Sometimes I love Chris Martin and sometimes I want to just... shake him. Regardless, can't stop loving Coldplay.
8. Foster the People "Pumped Up Kicks" - Kind of disturbing lyrics ("better run faster than my bullet"), but such a fun beat.
9. Mandi Mapes "This Love" - sweet, fun song about adoption! Ever since I heard this song, I knew I wanted to make an adoption video to it, and this link is to someone who did just that! Love it.

And last but certainly not least,
10. Gungor "Beautiful Things" - Gorgeous melody, beautiful harmony, great lyrics... I'm obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment