12.04.2010

radvent

I saw that my friend Erin is doing this project, and thought it sounded um, rad.

Radvent Day 1: Remembering

What were you doing five years ago today? As the holiday season began? Where were you? Who were you with? What did you want? What did you have?

Five years ago today, I was 20 years old and a junior at SAU. I was actually having a really difficult time staying at Spring Arbor - I had been friends with a lot of upperclassmen, including Doug, and they had all graduated. Plus, I had a really difficult summer and a lot of family stuff happened, so I just wanted to be near my family. About this time I would have been cramming for the end of the semester, I'm sure. I was planning on surprising Doug in Brooklyn for his birthday. I was living in a suite with my friends Kacie, Erin (different from the aforementioned) & Kate. I was probably hoping that Doug would propose at Christmas!

Radvent Day 2: Organizing

Focus on one drawer, table, or surface today and spend 15 minutes making it pretty! (And take a pretty picture afterward to motivate yourself!)

Well, I'm kind of cheating for this one. We put together our spare bedroom right before my family came to visit, but I didn't get a picture of it. However, we had friends spend the night last night, so I did wash the sheets & spruce up the room to prepare for them. So not totally cheating, right? Also ... the "comforter" was a sleeping bag... so I didn't post a full pic of the room, but when I finally get around to taking our comforter to the cleaners so we can put our quilt on the guest bed, I'll post another picture.

Radvent Day 3: Love Letter

Write a letter of love to yourself to read in one year.

Um. Hm. Not totally comfortable with the idea of writing a love letter to myself. I've written the "time capsule" letters a few times before, but a love letter is a little different. And I've never shared one publicly... sooo... here goes.

Hello... Self,

It's been a pretty great year! You haven't killed anyone, you haven't stolen anything, and - most importantly - you haven't broken any limbs or gotten any cavities. Solid.

School is, overall, going fairly well, despite the fact that you doubt your abilities almost daily; although, you do feel like you're communicating better in American Literature.

You're loving your house & making it homey for the holidays & having visitors.

You & Doug are pretty busy, but when you're able to spend significant amounts of time together, you have so much fun & your heart feels so full that sometimes you worry it might just explode.

All in all, you're so ridiculously blessed & need to remember that every single day. Have fun in 2011. And don't kill anyone.

Love,
me

Yay! Happy Advent season!

No comments:

Post a Comment