12.07.2010

2010 soundtrack

Radvent Day 4: Rocking Out

Write down the soundtrack of your year so far. Play it for someone who loves you.

I adore playlists & soundtracks & mixes!

My 2010 Soundtrack... alphabetically.

1. Andrew Bird "Fiery Crash" - love this live version. Absolutely love this man's music.
2. Avett Brothers "Kick Drum Heart" - saw these guys in March with my friend Vanessa & they've become one of my favorite artists to listen to while driving.
3. Black Eyed Peas "Imma Be" - many a dance has been done to this song. Plus, the robots dancing about halfway through the video is hysterical.
4. Elvis Costello "Pump It Up" - whoa! Throwback! Totally random, but I've been listening to this a bunch throughout the year.
5. Horse Feathers "Curs in the Weeds" - I shared this before, but I love these guys. Folksy & orchestral bliss.
6. Jonsi "Go Do" - Honestly, it's hard for me to pick one song off this album. I'm sharing a live version of this song because I'm obsessed with the piano in it.
7. Kayne West & Bon Iver "Lost in the World" - current favorite off Kanye's new album.
8. Mandi Mapes "I Already Know" - maybe the song that has meant the most to me in a long time. Beautiful voice, beautiful lyrics, beautiful message. The link is to the Brook Hills website - the song occurs about 14 minutes into the video, but it's worth your time to just watch the first 20 minutes.
9. Rachele Eve "Skydiving" - this is my friend's little sister & she's a terrific performer & has a phenomenal voice.
10. Regina Spektor "Two Birds" - typical Regina, so what's not to love?
11. The Swell Season "Two Tongues" - Doug got me this album for my birthday and I don't think I've taken it out of the cd player in my car since.
Hm, I feel like I should pick a 12th, since there are 12 months... but this post has already taken me two days to finish, soooo... I'm calling it quits at 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment