9.11.2010

cinnamon carmel apple delight!

INTERNET - I have made an incredible discovery.

Remember when I made taco bowls? Well, as I was enjoying that tasty meal, I thought to myself, "Self - these baked bowls could easily be transformed to a tasty dessert."

I was right.


Ingredients:
Soft tortilla shells
Butter
Cinnamon-sugar
Vanilla ice cream
Carmel

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Warm tortillas in microwave for about 10 seconds.
3. Butter both sides of tortillas.
4. Sprinkle some cinnamon-sugar and rub the tortilla together to coat.
5. Place prepared tortillas in ramekins and set on cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Carefully remove from ramekin.
8. Scoop ice cream into tortilla bowl.
9. Drizzle with carmel.
10. Enjoy this sweet, cinnamon treat!

Here's an extra special treat - -

I didn't have carmel... or vanilla ice cream, so on my way home from running errands, I stopped at the Coldstone that's about 30 seconds from our house (I know, extremely dangerous). I was all set to order vanilla ice cream with carmel swirled through it when I saw their seasonal special: CARMEL APPLE ICE CREAM. Sweet bliss. You MUST try this - it was perfect for this dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment