26 years ago today, my favorite person in the world was born. He wasn't planned, but I, for one, am thankful that he surprised his parents. Happy birthday, Dougie!
26 things I appreciate & love about Doug:
1. His love for the Lord.
2. His love & devotion to me.
3. His dedication to his family.
4. His drive & incredible work ethic.
5. His heart for oppressed people.
6. His dashing good looks and smokin' hot bod.
7. His sense of humor.
8. His intelligence.
9. His willingness to be utterly ridiculous with me.
10. When he pretends to be me.
11. How he loves my family.
12. How he loves to try new things & his sense of adventure.
13. The way he has an accent when he says "doll" and "windmill".
14. His optimistic outlook.
15. He starts my car & brushes it off every single morning.
16. How obsessed he is with baseball.
17. How he sticks by his Detroit teams, no matter how poorly they do.
18. He is an incredible uncle.
19. He supports my dreams & encourages me.
20. He always tells me I'm beautiful, and he makes me feel beautiful.
21. He laughs at all my jokes & makes me feel like the funniest person alive.
22. He trusts me - he even lets me cut his hair.
23. He always wants to learn more about... everything.
24. He makes me want to be a better person.
25. He consistently puts others before himself.
26. He is a faithful husband and my best friend.
I love you, HB. Happy birthday.