Awesome things about today!
1. "I'm bringin' bangs back!" (to be sung to the tune "Sexy Back" by none other than Mr. JT) - YES! I now have bangs again! AND, pretty sure that, after an extensive search, I found the cheapest place for haircuts in all of Plymouth... short of cutting them myself. Which, I did mention that idea to Doug, and the resuscitation process that followed was not pretty.
2. On my way to haircut, I drove through downtown Plymouth and noticed that they are putting up the ice sculptures for the Ice Festival this weekend!! VERY exciting & VERY cool. Pictures will be coming, after gird my loins in preparation for the crowds & cold.
3. Ridiculous interview. So, the interview was for an administrative assistant position - at a talent agency. The office was pretty nice, but the people... they seemed pretty self-absorbed and pretentious. Here is an excerpt from an email I sent Victoria, detailing the actual interview: "the guy interviewing me was wearing a black button-up, unbuttoned at the top, with no t-shirt underneath, thereby exposing his nasty chest hair. [...] he seemed like he was in a huge hurry during the whole interview, and ended it by telling me that they'd give me a call later today if they decided i was a good match. i do not anticipate hearing from them any time soon." And I'm really okay with that. Don't get me wrong - I fully understand that beggars can't be choosers... but... come on, now.
4. I was in the library, sending resumes and cover letters as fast as my little fingers could fly and as fast as my little internet reception would permit, when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a handsome husband with a peppermint mocha frappucino!!
5. I've already met my book-a-month quota for February, although it wasn't a new book. I was browsing the shelves at my beloved library, when I came across a book I had loved in my early teens - The Face on the Milk Carton. I think I read it in just over an hour. Much cheesier than I originally recalled.
6. I realized that it's staying lighter longer!!
7. I made 2 more ornaments this morning, and have several half finished (i.e. in need of stuffing & hanger only).
And it's only 6:00pm!