10.19.2007

the love of Christ

I just received the following email, from Marci Stanley (my former supervisor) at the School of Education at SAU:

"Hey Rachel - I'm amazed that such a teeny tiny girl like you is working in the Last Chance Academy in Detroit. [...] I want you to know that in honor of my 50th birthday yesterday - I collected $118 so far for your classroom books. I milked it for all its worth. [...] When John came down here regarding your request - I e-mailed people and said I'm collecting money for Rachel's class [...] People from Adult Studies came over to donate money... Anyway - we love you and are very proud of our Rachel Rae - hopefully we can send you something soon."

I'm speechless.

~

"I tell you the truth,
whatever you did
for one of the least of these brothers of mine,
you did for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment