9.30.2007

not as youthful as i once was

Doug & I have been volunteering with the sr. high youth group at our church. Friday night we had an All-Nighter at a "sister" church, which is only about 10 minutes from our house. Since Doug's father was coming over Saturday, I had planned on leaving around 3:00am so I'd still be able to get a few hours of sleep. I was pretty pumped about it, feeling pretty spry and alert as we pulled up to the church around 11:00pm. After awhile, I started feeling a little tired, so I checked a clock... only to find out that it was only midnight. I tried not to panic, telling myself that it was a fleeting lapse, and I'd be hyper momentarily. Time dragged on, and confident that it must be nearing 3:00, I checked the clock again. 1:15am. At which point, I gazed dreamily at my husband and told him, "I think I'm going to go home and sleep." To which he replied, "Yeah, your eyes are a little red." The former high schooler inside me is groaning and muttering "loser". My husband, on the other hand, is totally cool and stayed until the very end, upon which he interrupted my delicious slumber requesting a ride home.

Doug's dad came over on Saturday, with adorable niece & nephew in tow.
Mid-afternoon, Doug's exhaustion got the best of him. Dodgeball at 3:00am will do that to you, I guess.


This morning Doug & I decided to take advantage of this beautiful autumn weather, so we went on a walk before church. God makes it easy to be a good photographer, so we also took advantage of that.





I've said it before, but I love weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment