12.17.2015

Grandma's Christmas Cookies

My grandma's chocolate-molasses cutouts were always my favorite Christmas cookie.
My mom sent me a photo of the recipe from an old family cookbook, 
and I decided to post it here so I can pin it and have it easily accessible.
The family cookbook credits these as "Aunt Ethel's Chocolate Jumbles"
but to me, they'll forever be "Grandma's Christmas Cookies".

Grandma's Christmas Cookies
Warning: halve this recipe unless you are baking for hundreds.

Mix together:
1 c sugar
4 sq Baker's chocolate, melted - or - 3/4 c cocoa
1 c shortening (+ 3T if using cocoa)
2 eggs
2 c molasses

Add in:
2 t soda
1 t cinnamon
1 t cloves
5-6 c flour

Make dough stiff & chill.
Roll thin & cut out. 
Bake at 350 for 7-12 minutes.
Frost & decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment