The girls of my little Class of 2012 had a "Last Summer Bash" to say goodbye to everyone before they head off to college, and I signed up to bring dessert. I knew right away that I wanted to make a trifle because they're easy. I'm also increasingly obsessed with s'mores and thought, how can I make this a s'more trifle?? I brainstormed in the shower, obviously (my most productive thought time, for some reason), and came up with this bad boy.
1 box chocolate cake mix (& required ingredients to prepare)
1 box instant chocolate pudding (& required ingredients to prepare)
1 small container of Fluff
1 medium container of Cool Whip
appox. 10 graham crackers
Heath Bar, if desired
1. Prepare box cake as directed.
2. Prepare instant pudding as directed.
3. Beat fluff & Cool Whip together.
4. Crush graham crackers.
5. Layer ingredients as desired & decorate the top.
Source: my gluttonous brain
Thoughts/modifications I'd make:
- Annie makes s'more cupcakes that I'm dying to try, and I think her marshmallow frosting would be killer in this. Plus, how amazing would the top the trifle look if you ended with the frosting and used a kitchen torch to toast it?!
- I knew I wanted more texture, so I added the Heath Bar.
- I don't think you'd be able to refrigerate this overnight because the graham crackers would get soggy. This wasn't an issue, since I put it together 10 minutes before leaving... and we made pretty quick work of it at the party.
If you try it, let me know what you did!