ala casey wiegand
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Probably 9 times out of 10 I'd say hot chocolate. But if this is a Christmas quiz, there's something very Christmas-y about egg nog to me! Christmas Eve = egg nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them, of course!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Mm. I love holiday meals. Prime rib & mashed potatoes.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Just everything with my family. All the traditions and laughter. Eating breakfast and dinner together. Watching the movie from Santa.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. But I did get my Christmas gift early this year... ;)
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights. Random ornaments that we've gotten for years/made years ago.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it! (Until March)
12. Can you ice skate? Yes.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Celebrating everything that the birth of Christ means. Being surrounded by family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Mom's traditional ice cream cake (kind of like grasshopper pie).
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Goodness. Probably the night before Christmas. Growing up, we always went to the Christmas Eve service at church, then drove around and looked at lights. When we got home, we'd change into pj's and get ready for bed. Dad would read "The Night Before Christmas" with all of us kids piled on the couch, Mom in the rocking chair. Afterward, we'd all light candles and go up to bed singing "Silent Night".
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving.
19. Candy canes: yuck or ymmy? Um, I like the mini ones. I get sick of the regular-sized ones.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Rudolf and Elf. "Bumbles bounce!"
21. Saddest Christmas song? Um, half of the Sufjan Stevens album ("Did I make you cry on Christmas day?") or the Josh Groban "I'll Be Home For Christmas" with messages from soldiers overseas. Totally overplayed, but it gets me every time.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night.
Then I added these ones, because you need 25 questions on a Christmas quiz
23. When do you finish the bulk of your Christmas shopping? A week or 2 before Christmas. This year, sadly... 4 days before Christmas.
24. Who's the easiest and hardest person to shop for? Easiest = Mom or Victoria. Hardest = Robert.
25. What's your favorite Christmas cookie? The chocolate/molasses cut-outs that Grandma Bannister makes!
That's all! Merry Quizmas.