01. Trinity Christian Center - the building where we girls stayed.
02. Gecko? Mini lizard? We saw many of these.
03. Kyle & the Muscle Divas. Our OG paint crew.
04. The home of Belinda and Deonica. I forgot to take a before picture, but this is the house in the works. Before, the house was white with blue/gray stairs and the green/white awnings pictured. Belinda said her mom owned the house, and they were forced to move during Katrina. Her mom's desire was to fix and paint the house before she moved back in. Unfortunately, Belinda's mom passed away before this dream could be realized. Belinda said she wanted to finish the project for her mom, so she picked out the colors and our new friends, Rene and Mike from Americorps, have been heading up the team to bring this dream to reality. (You can see in the far left corner that the awnings are also being painted.)
05. Kyle & the Muscle Divas, part 2.
06. Some of our crew got a little messy...
07. Flowers along a fence in Hollygrove.
08. Face painting at Family Fun Day.
09. A drain system that we walked over each morning and night.
10. Americorps truck.
11. Doug helping Clint with some construction.
12. Vibrant colors! The white house to the left is the back of the house where the boys stayed.
13. Look what we found on the ground.
14. Doug & Jesse watching the skit on Family Fun Day.
15. Little hands like to color.
16. "Lord, when did we see you thirsty and give you a drink?"
17. Beautiful feet of New Orleans.
In a nutshell - amazing week. I have never sweated as much in my entire life. I'm so proud of our students - they were given some extremely difficult tasks, and they conquered without complaint! We had some funny bus mishaps, and found out more than we wanted to know about some of our new Americorps friends, but if you want to know more about that, you'll just have to ask in person.
Thank you so much to those who prayed for our trip or contributed monetarily. Your partnership in spreading the gospel is greatly appreciated.