3.06.2011

recent obsessions

1. coconut.
I made chocolate chip cookies with coconut and oatmeal - super yummy. Then I found a recipe for Samoa Cupcakes. Wowza.

My recipe here & original recipe here.

I also just found a recipe for homemade Samoas... and I will be trying those soon.

2. prison break
Oh no. I never had any desire to watch this show. Doug started watching it on Netflix... and I am hooked.

3. the bachelor
I've actually watched almost all of this season of The Bachelor, after having only seen 1 or 2 episodes in my life. It's addicting in a really sad way. I can't believe that people really sign up for this. I'm not nearly as interested in the show since crazy Michelle got kicked off, though.

4. mandi mapes
Seriously? If you haven't purchased her album yet, you really need to. Her voice is amazing & her lyrics are wonderful.

5. classical music
As a teenager, I was always annoyed when my mom had classical music playing in the car. Last Monday was the first day of school after break, and it was a long, crazy day. On my way home, I randomly flipped to a classical station... and I've done it every day since then on the way home from work. Plus, I had the revelation that before my mom had a cell phone, her 45-minute commute was the only time she was safe from her crazy children. But now she has a cell phone. So, Mom, you can run, but you can't hide.

6. the elliptical
Doug and I had a gym membership our first year of marriage, and I went like... once or twice a month. Yeah, we were those people. When we moved into our new house, we decided to try another gym membership. Confession: I've always viewed "gym people" kind of negatively. I'm not sure if it was growing up on a farm, or what... but I've always been annoyed with the concept of working out. So here's my public admission - I love "running" on an elliptical. LOVE it. I always feel awesome afterwards. Maybe someday I'll be able to say the same thing about running, but if my one season of cross country in high school is any indication, I doubt it.

For the record...
Things I am currently NOT obsessed with:
1. Snow. Don't get me wrong - it's incredibly beautiful when it frosts trees & sparkles in the sun... but... well... it's about that time.
2. Grading research papers. Get out of my life.

5 comments:

  1. I am the same when it comes to running. I will only run if something is chasing me or there is an elliptical machine placed oh-so perfectly in front of a TV [or my iPod is really cranking out the tunes]. I hate working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it must be a farm thing, because I have sort of always harbored a secret grudge against people who work out. Less so now than when I was in high school. But still

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I have been seeing Samoa recipes all over the internet lately and have been dying to make something!!

    2. I watched Prison Break for sooo long. Although I don't think I ever watched the very last season. (And Lincoln & Michael...teehee).

    5. The other day while flipping through stations we landed on a classical station and Linc wanted to listen to it. He actually got mad when we tried to change it and we listened to it the whole way home. Haa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..confession: me & fabs go to a bachelor viewing party every monday. addicting it is. sad, yes. but it's even funner to watch it with a room full of gals!
    ..haa - get out of my life. love it.
    ..xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 19 research papers coming to me on Wednesday (welcome back from Christmas break, right?) and then 19 more coming in March. You're right-- get out of my life, r. papers...

    ReplyDelete