3.01.2011

the day before today

Yesterday morning we were without power, which caused me a teensy bit of stress (perhaps a slight minimalization). Thankfully our alarm went off (at the wretched hour of 5:45am). I whined variations of "What am I going to do?! How am I going to shower?! My hair won't dry! How will I put on my makeup?!" and then Doug jumped up out of bed. I asked what he was doing and he said, "I'm going to get us some light."

At which point the power immediately came back on.

At which point I obviously screeched and laughed and said something about Doug being a miracle worker.

(And then the power went back off 2 minutes later. Bummer.)

3 comments:

  1. Ah! I love this! Too bad it went out two minutes later, that would have been the greatest joke...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh! no power! hahaha.... so funny.....just stumbled on your stinkin cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worse than no power is no water. We live in the country, and apparently they don't think we need power OR running water out here. The pipes burst all the time. Try washing your hair with no water...

    ReplyDelete