11.15.2010

career affirmation?

My juniors are currently working on their college portfolios, in which they complete a vast array of self-discovery-esque surveys, career path indicators, college comparisons, etc. As I watched them go through some of these surveys, I thought back to my high school self. My high school career/guidance counselors were less than capable, so my classmates and I were never offered these assessment tools. Who KNOWS what I should be doing with my life?!

So I took them.

And good news, guys. Apparently I'm a "Good Match" for "High School Teacher".

But I'm also a "Good Match" for "Butcher" and "Very Good Match" for "Crossing Guard." Sooo... not really sure what this means for my future.

Parton's Crosswalk Butchery! Steers slaughtered while you wait!

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha!!! That is too funny! I could have told you that you are a good match to be a "High School Teacher"....;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both high school and college did a poor job of preparing us for reality... and when I took my career test, I was supposed to be an aeronautical engineer. Really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use a crossing guard here in western NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with anonymous. I think the crosswalk butchery would go over well in the B-B school district, don't you?

    And I think I may need to take one of those surveys- I'm a nerd and think stuff like that is so much fun! Maybe I could possibly be a professional survey taker??

    v-word: wedswoon

    ReplyDelete