What up, Internet?! It's been a whopping 8 days since I've updated. I wish I had something exciting to come back with, but alas, I've returned empty-handed, with only random pocket lint to show for my absence.
1. Happy birthday to my favorite April Fools - Gram Bannister (91!) & Griffin (7)!
2. Masthead - a line from Moby Dick, which I am still doggedly working through, a chapter or 2 every other night... or so.
3. Today I got in a fake fight with one of my students & had the rest of the class thinking that I was seriously angry. April Fools', suckers! Ah, the things I'll do for amusement.
4. A huge shout-out to my dad for mailing me & Doug a package of Cadbury Mini Eggs - YUM. Thanks, Dad! (Sidenote: the person who does that blog behind the link may possibly be even more obsessed with chocolate than I am. Possibly.)
5. So I think I need to get a summer job, but where? I have a few factors to consider: a. I don't want to work more than 20 hrs per week, and I definitely do NOT want to work weekends. b. I don't want to do the same thing every day. c. I need to find a job where I won't run the risk of working with any of my students or encountering them on a regular basis...
6. Not that anyone cares, but I am STILL grading research papers (which were due, oh, March 9th). I loathe, loathe, LOATHE grading papers. There has got to be a better way to teach writing. Maybe I should make all my students start blogs. Then again, maybe not.
7. Doug is going to Texas next week for 3 days (his company bought a company down there) - will someone please come stay with me so I don't get scared or lock myself out of the apartment?