2.04.2008

phat tuesday

We had a great weekend at Spring Hill camp with the youth group. Pretty awesome camp, with SO much to do - even in the winter! And definitely a beautiful setting...



our cabin - "Wolverine"

Some of the fun included: tubing, beating Doug in ping pong (thrice!), watching our crazy kids play other crazy kids in broomball, the Prayer Labyrinth, open mic night, leading a small group - and more! It was just a really fun weekend. The speaker, Andrea Kirksey, was fantastic. She talked a lot about social justice, which isn't something you usually hear at youth group retreats (from my limited experience, at least).
All in all, a great weekend!

~
Yesterday was my first day on the new job. I still feel slightly overwhelmed with all the information that has been thrown at me, but I'm sure it will make more sense as I progress. I really want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has been praying for me & encouraging me - it really means a lot to me to have such supportive family & friends. Thanks.

Today is fat Tuesday, so I've basically been binging on chocolate all day, as that's what I'm giving up for Lent. Actually... the only chocolate I've had today was a mini Snickers bar and a mini Reeses cup. It just feels like I've had more chocolate because I had a paczki (it's Polish... pronounced "poonchki") for the first time ever. Well... unless you count Boston cream donuts, which are essentially the same things, just with chocolate on the top. In which case... I've had more "paczkis" than I care to admit in my lifetime. Ha, what a funny word. Poonchki. I think that just might be someone's new pet name...

It's also Super Tuesday, so, dear friends & fam in NY - get out before 8pm and vote for anyone besides Hillary!

No comments:

Post a Comment