11.19.2007

typical monday...

A few new experiences today...

1. I got asked on a date by one of my students! There is one student who always comes into my class during my prep period to get his work - he never comes to class, he just does his work, then goes home. Anyway, so today he does his work, like usual, then as he's leaving, he says to me, "So, what are you doing tonight around 6?" To which I replied, "Probably eating dinner with my husband by that time." He answered, "Dang, I was going to see if you wanted to eat with me."

2. A student brought a dead & stuffed mink thing and was flailing it around the hallway, then decided to come and brandish it in my face. That was fun.

3. A student who hasn't been to my class since the very first week finally came back... and tried to light one of my desks on fire! Thankfully I saw him as soon as he first flicked the lighter and gave him quite the teacher voice & glare reprimand, and ... he actually listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment