12.07.2012

diy christmas door spray

A few years ago, I bought a cute fake wreath with fake red apples to adorn our door for Christmas.
Unfortunately, this past year, we had a storm door installed.
And my cute fake wreath didn't fit in between the doors!
So, I got creative.


I took three branches, tied them together, made a little twine hanger, 
wrapped the stems in burlap, and tied that with a little red gingham ribbon.
Took about 10 minutes, max.

I love how simple this looks, but from a distance, it could probably use a bigger ribbon 
- or maybe just a big old burlap bow.
(But that's probably not going to happen. Let's be honest, I'm pretty proud of myself for getting this up.)

So there you have it. 
10-minute DIY Christmas door spray! Ta-da!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! i think it's perfect with the little bow it has. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, dana! got your christmas card today - adorable!

      Delete
  2. Love it!

    If you ever DO want to hang your wreath again, I bought this when our storm door was installed and it works beautifully . . . http://www.amazon.com/AM-Leonard-Magnetic-Window-Hangers/dp/B0018D9DHO/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1355267087&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=magnetic+wreath+hanger+storm+door

    ReplyDelete
  3. love - i need to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do it! super easy! just have mike chop a branch of your tree in the back where it won't show. or the front, if you need more room for presents, hehe! :)

      Delete
  4. Are you looking forward to getting the best products to give you more energy and proper nutrition for your body? MyDailySprays will give you a life filled with more energy, and proper nutrition for your body, to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.Go Here to Start Your Healthy Lifestyle Today My daily spray

    ReplyDelete