12.19.2012

diy burlap art

Every year my small group does a cookie bake Christmas party. 
We also usually exchange small gifts. 
This year, our small group leader suggested that we have a "favorite things" party. 
The rules were: spend under $5 per person on something that is a favorite of yours. 
We were also told to share our favorite thing that God has been teaching us during Advent season. 

I came up with this:
Frame: Ikea, $2.99. 
Burlap: JoAnn's... like $3/yd, and this is a 3x5 piece. You do the math.
Black acrylic paint & stencils: I've had for years.
Total: definitely under $5!
I chose this because:
- One of my favorite things to do is little crafts.
- I love all things rustic, and I like little touches like this in home decor.
- Finally, it ties in perfectly with what God has been teaching me this season of Advent:
(and one of my favorite Bible verses)
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" - Philippians 4:4

Now for the humility shot - here's what my craft station really looks like.
Also - why didn't I make myself one of these?! 

That's all for now - someone is whining and drooling on my knee. 
(Not Doug.)

1 comment: