2.21.2012

miscellaneous... tuesday

It's a snowy Tuesday... er, I actually think it's raining now. And I have all these random collections of tidbits that I've been meaning to turn into blog posts, but I've been too lazy. So, I thought I'd just mix the whole jumble together. Kind of like Monster Cookies, but not as delicious.

- I was reminded by Manda's post about fashion that I've been meaning to track some of the outfits that I make up on school days. Because I'm getting to the point where I look at things in my closet that I've worn for the past 4 years, and I'm like, hey maybe I'll try throwing those together. I don't really consider myself that fashionable, and I don't really like shopping (yowza! I know, sorry!), AND we're, you know, trying to save money for the adoption. So, I've gotten... um, creative. However, I keep forgetting to take Photobooth pictures when I come home from school. So I have 2 outfits to share. One is just preppy and boring from school last week (or 2 weeks ago?), and the other is my outfit from church on Sunday. You can't tell in the 2nd picture, but I'm wearing black leggings and brown boots. Yep. I was gonna call these posts "love it or lose it" or something like that, so you guys can vote and tell me to stop scaring my students and offending the fashion police.

I was going to go through and tell you where each "piece" is from, 
but then Target and Old Navy kept coming up so often that I got embarrassed.

- I just bit my own finger while eating string cheese.

- Mini Cadbury eggs. You need to stop tempting me with your delectable dreaminess.

- Have I mentioned on my blog yet that I'm going to Costa Rica? Because, guys? I'M GOING TO COSTA RICA. In 32 days. For our senior class trip. Where I will be wearing a bathing suit. In front of 40 teenagers. Yeah, I've been hitting the gym pretty regularly.

- Adoption: We just got an email from our social worker this morning saying that she's almost done with our narrative. I was so excited I almost... I was going to say "peed myself," but that'd be crass. 

- Our community group has met twice now, and I really need to start documenting the meals we eat. It's potluck style, and we might have a Facebook group to coordinate and plan meals. Last night, Troy & Maria made pork tenderloin with bacon jelly and it was amazing. 

- I've been editing pictures of my friend Elise's daughter - such a cute little girl!

- Zooey has a doppleganger. Doug was watching Hulu or Netflix or whatever, and a commercial came on and we did a double-take, because this is what our Saturday mornings usually look like!

- Okay, that's it for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment