1.15.2011

my 1st live blog

I've read of a few "live blogs" where people continually update a post as something is happening - usually a tv show, a game, the Oscars, a fashion show - whatev. So, I figured I would try a satirical live blog of an evening alone at home. I've written some pretty boring things on this blog, but this one might take the cake. More specifically, this cake. Which has me drooling.

Anyway, I'm going to back track a little before going "real time". Doug & his friend Luke are going to the Red Wings game tonight. Sidenote: This is Doug's first time attending a Red Wings game ever! They left our house around 5:30pm. I heated up some leftover baked pasta from 2 nights ago, buttered some bread, and enjoyed a quiet meal as Zooey stared at me, cocking her head to various degrees as she brainstormed ways to get my food. Last night, Doug & I had date night: We went to Bahama Breeze, where I ordered the amazing Chicken with Cilantro-Crema... and promptly forgot my leftovers! Hate that! Afterwards, we went to Barnes & Noble, where I used a gift card to purchase 3 new books! Sweet bliss. I stayed up until 3am finishing A Thousand Splendid Suns (Khaled Hosseini), crying my eyes out due to a plethora of emotions caused by said novel. If you haven't read it - drop everything you're doing and run, not walk, RUN to a bookstore/Amazon.com and purchase it now. The 2nd novel that I purchased, which I am currently enjoying is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Haddon. All that to say, welcome to my Saturday Night Home Along Live Blog, January 15, 2011. Things are about to get crazy up in here.

6:23pm - Laugh at myself and my nerddom. Google nerddom real quick to make sure it's a word. Currently sitting on the red couch, Zooey to my right, looking sleepily around the room. I am on page 132 in what I keep referring to as The Curious Dog.

634pm - Tried looking up how to do an expandable post, as this might end up being kind of long... got really confused. Robert just called & we're going to Skype!

7:18pm - Done Skyping with Robert! Okay, I'm going to try to tackle this expandable post thing one more time...

7:28pm - Whatever! This is getting boring. My brain is not HTML compatible. Back to my book.

8:17pm - Finished The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. Captivating read! Zooey has jumped up to bark at doors closing outside 3 times. I'm going to make popcorn & browse Hulu to see if I want to watch Modern Family or something else.

8:52pm - Watching The Office... just doesn't have that old Office spark. Time to throw in the towel.*Edit: Or the half-ply toilet paper.

3 comments:

  1. you could visit me

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Office has lost its spark. Thank goodness for Modern Family, right?

    Haa..half-ply toilet paper! That line definitely makes this post a must read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel! I wish I would have known you were flying solo on Saturday night -- I totally would have had you over! Troy was working and I was on the couch enjoying a chick flick. We should plan something girly soon. :)

    ReplyDelete