11.04.2010

a practice in thanksgiving

I've realized that I complain a lot. And honestly, I don't really have anything to complain about. So, in the spirit of the approaching holiday - and because I think we could all use a lot more thankfulness in our lives - I'm going to try to give some thanks each day.

Today I'm thankful for...

On a large scale:
God's faithfulness and good plan.
Exodus 15:13 says, "You have led in your steadfast love the people whom you have redeemed; you have guided them by your strength to your holy dwelling." I'm a Type A - - I like having a plan, executing said plan, being in charge, etc. So sometimes I feel like God's not up to speed with what I've got in store for my life. The good news? He knows WAY better than I do. He's written my story & is directing each step. (How's that for a mixed metaphor?!)

On a small, trivial scale:
Zooey's ears.
I know, weird. But seriously? They're so soft & cute. They're not quite as Dumbo-esque as they used to be, but they still are so fun to just pet. And now I sound like Lenny from Of Mice and Men... don't worry, I'm not keeping any mice in my pockets. Wow, did I just lose the Sparknotes section of my audience??

1 comment: