How is it possible that I've lived for 25 years and have never made caramel corn?! It is ridiculously easy & extremely delicious.
1 bag popcorn
3/4 c packed brown sugar
6 T butter
3 T light corn syrup
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t vanilla
1. Heat oven to 300.
2. Pop popcorn & remove all unpopped kernels. Put popcorn in baking or roasting pan (I used a cake pan). Keep warm in oven while making caramel mixture.
3. In saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils. Continue boiling at moderate, steady rate for 5 more minutes.
4. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
5. Pour caramel over popcorn; stir gently to coat. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir mixture; bake 5 minutes more. In the meantime, butter a large piece of foil.
6. Spread caramel corn on buttered foil; cool. (Stores in airtight container for a week.)