1.21.2010

resolution update & awesome recipe

Still going strong! (only 3 weeks in...)

This week I made 3 new recipes!

-Tues: Grilled Chicken Parmesan
I discovered I don't like regular chicken parmesan, but my friend Sara made amazing grilled chicken parm & I sort of improvised the recipe because I couldn't find the one she used. Pretty good, regardless!

-Weds: Chicken Broccoli Bowl
From Rachael Ray Everyday - pretty good, but not as good as my Thai recipe.

-Thurs: Shepherd's Pie Remix
Also from Rachael Ray Everyday - I added the "remix" part, though. Her recipe calls for mushrooms, which I don't like, so I threw in corn & peas. I forgot garlic, but it was still delicious.

PLUS - last night I made dessert too! Mint Molten Lava Cake!
Yet another Rachael Ray. This was AMAZING. I should have taken them out of the oven 2 minutes sooner, but still delicious. Here's the recipe:
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter (6 oz), cut into cubes
6 oz. semisweet chocolate
3 large eggs, plus 2 large egg yolks
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
4 1/2 Tbsp flour
6 chocolate-mint wafers (I just used Andes mints & broke them in half)
confectioner's sugar, for dusting

1. Preheat oven to 450. Grease & flour six 6-oz ramekins. In a double boiler*, melt the butter and chocolate over simmering water, whisking until smooth. Remove insert from pan.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the whole eggs, yolks and sugar at high speed until pale and very thick. Whisk in chocolate mixture, then add flour until just combined.
3. Divide batter among the prepared ramekins and submerge stake of 4 chocolate-mint pieces in center of each. Place ramekins on baking sheet and bake until set but still slightly jiggly in center, about 12-14 minutes.
4. Invert cakes onto plates, wait 20 seconds and remove the ramekins. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve immediately.

You will want a big glass of milk!

*If you're like me and don't own a double boiler, this explains a great alternative. I will melt chocolate this way from now on!

Also - - thanks to Katie for my subscription to Taste of Home! I'm excited for further adventures in new recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment