3.16.2009

random is the spice of life

--My juniors & seniors are gone this week on their respective trips. Today was pretty quiet! And it gave me a little preview of what next year will be like without the seniors...

--Have I talked yet about grading papers in the bathtub? Should I admit to that on the Internet? Probably not. Okay, so it's not the most productive way to grade papers, but seriously - if you had 50 research papers to grade, you'd be treating yourself too. These things take me forever to grade - they were due last Monday, so in a week, I've gotten 10 done so far.

--Tomorrow I have my annual physical. I hate the doctor, but not as much as the dentist.

--Tomorrow is the freshman class trip to Gleaners. In case anyone was interested, I had a talk with the student who made that comment, and it ended on a good note. He's going with us tomorrow, and he actually seems to have a pretty good attitude about it.

--Today was the 1st day of the 4th quarter. Unreal.

--My freshmen started their Greek mythology presentations today (thanks, Megan!) - hilarious. Halfway through, I had this sinister revelation: holy cow, I have the power to make fifty 15-year olds dress up and make fools of themselves in front of their peers!  AWESOME.
Cronus & Apollo


Artemis


Dionysus


Poseidon & Hephaestus

I love my job.

--
Edit: Hey, remember that date night that I was so excited about (see previous entry)? Well, it sort of got interrupted. Doug & I went to the District basketball game (which PCA won!), and then we went to Buffalo Wild Wings afterward. Which, turns out, is where THE WHOLE SCHOOL goes after they win a basketball game. It's hard to be romantic when you're slouching in your booth, trying to hide from your students, only to have the waitress seat the whole team directly across from you. I love my job.

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna go ahead and say that Buffalo Wild Wing's isn't the most romantic place even without the whole school there.

    But it sure is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to call it "affordable romance" - i.e. ... yeah, you're probably right.

    ReplyDelete