4.12.2008

random is the spice of life

It's been a pretty busy week, with nothing terribly blog-worthy to write about. I mean, awesome things happened, but nothing that provided substantial material for an entertaining blog.

Highlights of the Week:
-Our much anticipated reunion with the Castles last evening!
-Being asked to take several breaks (which I utilized to go to Starbucks) at work this week because of all the construction in our office.
-The Office returning (& going to the Townleys to watch it) - even though I was disappointed by the episode.

So, since I don't really have too much to write about (other than going to Florida in ONE week!!), I'm copying my new blog friend:

What was I doing ten years ago (1998):
*Practicing for the 8th grade musical - Li'l Abner
*Trying to grow out my bangs
*Being an awkward new teenager - trying to figure out what was "in style"
*Still loving on MxPx and wanting to marry Michael Herrera
*Putting sun-in in my hair and getting in trouble for it.

5 things on my to-do list today:
*update my educational portfolio
*set up the guest bedroom for Mom & Emily
*mop the kitchen floor? If I feel like it...
*sewing :)
*dinner with the Englands!

5 snacks I enjoy:
*chocolate chip cookies
*popcorn
*cheese slices & apple slices
*fruit of all varieties
*chips and salsa

5 things I would do if I were a billionaire:
*pay off all our loans & pay for my siblings' college educations
*travel all over the place with Doug
*quit working & pursue a business with Victoria
*donate to various organizations & charities
*buy a new vehicle finally

5 bad habits:
*reading blogs
*rubbing my lips when they're chapped
*not being consistent in my devotions
*not working out enough
*procrastinating (see first bad habit)

5 places I have lived:
*Kent, NY - Excelsior Farms! (1985-2003, spring 2007)
*Spring Arbor, MI - Spring Arbor University (2003-2006)
*Oxford, England (fall 2006)
*Plymouth, MI (July 2007 - current)

I've only lived 4 places, which is fine by me!

5 jobs I have had:
*growing up on a farm - this totally counts.
*insurance office - doing various office work
*SAU - School of Education (shout out to Marci Stanley!) and Student Development (both as an RA and a student worker)
*Last Chance Academy (yes, that is actually the name they gave this school) - English teacher
*documentation writer at foster care agency

Okay, this was a relatively boring entry. Time to go be productive. Maybe.

3 comments:

  1. 8th grade?? I officially feel old. :)
    My stomach is now growling for chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was thinking the same thing. . . 8th grade in 98? i was a junior in high school. but i like that idea, i may have to borrow it sometime! i hope our email is full of usps tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot . . . I was in my sophomore year of college in 98.

    ReplyDelete