1.01.2008

clanking of crystal

Happy 2008!
I love New Years, for a variety of reasons. It is a great chance to reflect things gone by - counting all the blessings we have received, remembering those we love who are no longer with us; it is also a great reminder of our new beginning in the Lord, new opportunities in each of our lives... the opportunity to live each day as it is given to us by our Creator!

So here are my New Year's Resolutions... I don't think I've ever publically posted my resolutions before. Now the whole world (i.e. mom, Mary, Victoria, Jeanette) will be able to call me out if/when I don't follow through.
1. Work out at the gym at least once a week.
2. Read one new book a month. Ever since I started teaching, I've basically neglected reading, other than what we're doing in class.
I have a bunch of other little ones, but I figured if I came up with 2 really good, quantifiable, measurable goals, I'd probably have better luck actually keeping them.
We had such a fun time visiting back home in New York (again!).

My beautiful little sisters!
Amelia and Robert are amused by one another.


Silly girls taking pictures of ourselves.

Charlie loved opening his gifts!
Lincoln takes a turn.

3 generations!

:)
Now I've been doing some serious New Year cleaning. Today I took down all the Christmas decorations. I feel like our apartment looks so empty now!
As promised, my reflections on the first semester of teaching:
It's hard. I'm learning a lot. I'm not a very good teacher. I'm not sure if I really like it. Um, I think that's about it.
Oh - I started a photo blog: www.partonpics.blogspot.com
It's still in the works... I'm not sure whether I'll keep it up or not. I was inspired by the various "Daily Photo" sites that I've seen (my favorite here).
Time to relax with my hubby of almost 6 months! Crazy.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment